Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lunar Eclipse - did you see it?

Now that question is only meant for readers in Australia, New Zealand and one or two other isolated places in the southern hemisphere. There was a great fuss made over the eclipse leading up to the actual event, and Ken and I thought it was a bit over the top. The media kept referring to the colour of the moon when it was in the state of total eclipse as 'blood red'. From where we were watching in our back yard, that was being rather melodramatic. It was more like a muddy brown colour. Perhaps if we had been in outback Victoria or NSW it might have looked more colourful. Over to you, Merle and Jeanette!

8 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Hi - responding to several posts here (I've been busy!). So sorry about your job situation - I very much agree about how distressing it would be for people to have to get used to new carers. It's terrible when money is the first consideration.

Thanks for doing the meme!

Wednesday, 29 August, 2007  
Blogger Val said...

I loved the eclipse, but you needed binoculars to really see the blood red. It was, look at The Age online, that's what I saw, only smaller of course.

Wednesday, 29 August, 2007  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

O! Gina, after the clouds moved over we had a great blood red moon up here..........looked good and do you think I could get a photo not on your nellie! as my dad would hve said.

Will call you tonight my friend what you doing for saturday afternoon?

Lee-ann

Wednesday, 29 August, 2007  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gina ~~ Yeah, I seen it!! as Ray Stevens would say. It wasn't so much blood red as a deep orange color here. It was great to see it.
Thanks for your comments and for adding me to your blogroll.
Meow, aka Connie is visiting me late in September, and Jeanette and Gwen from Yarrawonga are also coming, but I know them. Looking forward to meeting Connie. Glad you liked the 5 Lessons but sounds as though you are tired -Sleep for 3 years!! Take care, Love, Merle.

Wednesday, 29 August, 2007  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina, Yes i also watch the EclipseI thought more orange than red I have posted some pics I took from my backyard...

Thursday, 30 August, 2007  
Blogger Helen said...

Hey there, friend. The eclipse was a bit of a disappointment, but it is nice to see. I hope my grandchildren saw it, although I doubt it. We gave Harrison a telescope a couple of years ago and it probably would have given him a great view. I must ring and find out.
The busyness of the last post was very true. Like you,my moblie is off when at home, but then, I have been accused of never having it on. My family get very frustrated. I think I hate the thought of a flat battery! At lease now that I have learned to text I tend to leave it on a bit more, whilst travelling.
See you for coffee soon?

Thursday, 30 August, 2007  
Blogger Gretchen said...

I didn't see it. Wasn't able to move that morning, so no photos of it for me. I'll catch the next one. :)

Thursday, 30 August, 2007  
Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Hi Gina,
Well, I wish I could have seen it but here in the states it happened at 3 am. It was still happening as I started out to work later in the morning but couldn't see it because the sun was already coming up.
Made for a strange week. Full moon and all. ;)

Monday, 03 September, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!