Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sad September again.

Twelve months ago, I wrote several items on here about the month of September being jinxed. You can find it on the archives if you want to. Would you believe, this year, September has again been one of the worst months of the year so far?? Check this out...thank goodness today is the 30th!


September 1st: My employer lost contract to provide aged care service in our shire.
September 13th: Vaccum cleaner blew up. $300 paid out to replace it.
September 18th: Washing machine making strange humming noise. $77 paid to be told there is nothing wrong - just a rubber ring wearing.
September 24th: One of my dearest friends Helen had a severe stroke.
September 26th: Oven started overheating. Tradesman tells me it will cost about $200 to replace the thermostat to fix the problem. My comment: Guess it is cheaper than buying a new oven.
September 28th: Am told by new employer they can't offer me a job now since they have found out (from me) that I have osteoarthritis in my lower back. I'm too much of a risk for them. Never mind that Southern Cross were aware of my back problem, but they allowed me to choose jobs with lighter duties instead of heavy lifting.
Ho hum. I feel another letter to the newspaper coming on...

7 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Gina I am so sorry about your job... It just doesn't seem fair at all...

Sunday, 30 September, 2007  
Blogger RUTH said...

Here's hoping for a better October :o)

Monday, 01 October, 2007  
Blogger Pam said...

Hmm, well, it's as well that September is almost over. Hope things improve. Do send my love to Helen.

Monday, 01 October, 2007  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Sorry things were so bad last month. At least it's over!

We have months like that. 2006 was one long Monday in the month of Helluary. :(

Tuesday, 02 October, 2007  
Blogger Gledwood said...

I'm not so sure about September: but LOTS of people I know HATE this time of year bc it's autumn... then again that would not apply to you being Down Under September is the commencement of spring!
I come down here on Ruth's recommendation: I hope Helen is getting better....

Tuesday, 02 October, 2007  
Blogger Love Bears All Things said...

I came because I saw a reference to you at Me, My Life, and My garden. Patra is the name of my housekeeper. I had never heard it before I hired her. She has been with me for 4+ years. Do you know what your name means and the origin?
Mama Bear

Tuesday, 02 October, 2007  
Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Gina,
I'm sorry to hear about your job. I agree September was pretty bad. I do hope your friend improves. Sending warm thoughts your way.
HUGS,
-Patty

Tuesday, 02 October, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!