Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Response to the comments left on previous post.

Firstly, I will pass everyone's good wishes on to Helen as soon as I see or talk to her, hopefully early next week.
Secondly, thank you all for your concern about my health and job situation. It's all very well for me to be blase about retiring, but the reality is, it has hit me badly, and my immune system has crashed. As well as my neck, at the moment I have bronchitis, and a stye in my left eye, which is so swollen I can hardly see out of it. The chemist has told me that the antibiotics I'm on for the bronchitis should help get rid of the stye as well, so I'm crossing fingers that both will be gone by next Tuesday.
Alice: Thank you for your compliment on my hair colour. It is a Clairol tint - just to lighten my normally mousey hair!
LeeAnn: I'll hold you to that - if you are free on Tuesday, why not join us at Westerfolds Park in Templestowe?
Connie: Our picnic at Westerfolds is looking good, providing the weather is fine!
Jeanette: There will be at least four of us at Westerfolds with cameras, so you can expect to see photos on four different blogs!
AnnS: You mean you haven't seen my progress on Patra's Place? It is sooo close to being finished! Punch you? No - but would love to see you again some time.
Ruth: I don't know if the Austin Hospital has patient email facilities, and I still don't know how much longer Helen will be there, so keep an eye on this blog. As soon as I know anything, I'll post it here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gina ~~ Your NZ facts were interesting. I am so sorry you have been unwell and have such a bad neck.
I hope you can get a disability
allowance. Your clients will miss you, but you have to look after yourself. I am glad to hear that Helen is home and about to go to Rehab and that she can make herself understood. That is so important. My husband died from a stroke after 3 weeks trying to speak and wondering why I couldn't make out
what he meant - it was gibberish.
Glad the jokes cheered you a little, and I hope things improve for you very soon Gina, and also for Helen. Take great care, Love, Merle.

Saturday, 13 October, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Oh Merle...thank you for your kind words. I am so sad to read about your husband. My Mum had her first stroke when she was 37, which paralysed her on one side, but her speech was okay until she had several more strokes years later. Dad bought her a typewriter to type out messages when she wanted to tell us something, but her frustration at not being able to communicate was terrible to see and live with. You feel so helpless.

Tuesday, 16 October, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!