Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Good things to come.

I have been posting more stuff on Patra's Place lately than on here, as I have had a couple of windfalls of vintage linen, and have been busy soaking, ironing and photographing each piece. But I plan to take some photos in the next day or two to post on this blog, just in case anyone is still around to read it...after all my doom and gloom stuff, I'll be surprised if there is. Our front yard is awash with purple flowers at the moment - Aust. Mint Bushes everywhere, and one of my favourites - Cineraria (spell check please!) is also in flower. Hope to get some pics if the sun is shining.

The other photo I want to take is one (or more) of the Budgie Family. The babies are no longer babies - in fact they are almost as big as their parents, and the blue budgie has all his colours now, and is sooo pretty! Ken is talking about taming one already, and I said there's no hurry, the parents are bonking again every day, so there is bound to be more eggs very soon. He just looked at me...a look can speak a thousand words, isn't that what they say? I know what he's thinking. "Why didn't I see this vulgar side of Gina before I married her..."

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Oh Gina - you poor thing... What do I say??? I don't want to plaster you with platitudes - but -we never know what curve ball life throws at us... Think about your library card and how to 'spend' it and all that stitching time and your linen exhibition... Perhaps this is your time for the moment and in some time down the track you will be offered something that suits you right down to the ground and makes your heart sing... Take care my lovely...

Friday, 05 October, 2007  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gina ~~ Sorry you have had some sad things happen lately and hope things improve for you. Any more
word about Helen's condition?
I smiled when you said that taking clients shopping was one of the best parts of your job. You must be a special lady to do this work.
Take care, Love, Merle.

Friday, 05 October, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Sharon and Merle - thank you for your concern. I'm rarely 'down' for long and am a great believer in when one door closes, another door opens. Even though I'll miss the regular routine with my clients, there is plenty of volunteer work waiting for me with elderly people!

Saturday, 06 October, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!