Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Apologies to Adelaide from this Victorian resident.

Link to Premier Brumby's rudeness here
I was absolutely appalled at the comments from our premier John Brumby, saying Adelaide is a backwater compared to Melbourne. People in the public eye, especially politicians at that level, should keep their mouth shut and their thoughts to themselves when it comes to other cities and states of Australia. As much as I love Melbourne and consider myself very fortunate to be living here, I have visited Adelaide on several occasions and think it is equally beautiful; in fact all our cities have their own attractions and should not be denigrated (is that the right word?) by someone who just happens to prefer somewhere else.
To anyone in South Australia who reads this blog - I am personally very embarrassed about Brumby's rudeness, and hope it won't cause permanent bad feeling between our States.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Oh, my, politicians are politicians the world over. And their feet are always pretty close to their open mouths.

Friday, 01 February, 2008  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Gina, As you Know I am an Adelaide girl and I feel he simply does not know Adelaide as the beautiful place I grew up in or the colour of its history.

Ignorance makes the mouth shoot off on Pollies too easy without the spin doctors to tell him what to say and he truly put his foot in it but no harm done the little "back water" will survive in its own charming way. With all those churches how could you do anything else but turn the other cheek. (smiles)

Lee-ann

Saturday, 02 February, 2008  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Gina, I very much agree with you. Adelaide is a beautiful city. Politicians tend to have foot-in-mouth disease. Nobody should take anything they say seriously.
Hope you are well.
Take care, Meow

Tuesday, 05 February, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!