Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Our wedding anniversary.

On Sunday, Ken and I celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary. When it falls on a weekend, we usually go out somewhere nice for dinner, sometimes on our own, sometimes with friends. This year, we decided to go for a drive in the country, and end up having dinner at a country pub somewhere. But after speaking to LeeAnn and Rob, we decided to join them at the Kyneton RSL for dinner at 6.30 pm. What a fun night! We drove to their cottage first, then went to the RSL and enjoyed a delicious meal, after which we went back to their home and stayed until after 10 pm! LeeAnn wanted to show me a special table cloth, but ended up showing me most of her incredibly beautiful collection! How wonderful to find someone else who loves vintage linen as much as I do, and has an equally fantastic collection to drool over!

She gave me several goodies to bring home - card, champagne and chocolates for us both, and an apron and two other embroidered items for me! The apron can be seen here, but I haven't photographed the other two yet...give me time! In the meantime, here is a pic of Ken and I. LeeAnn had to take several until Ken was satisfied that he looked at least recognisable, if not handsome; I think he worries about what gets published on here - grin! I got a lovely shot of Rob and LeeAnn, but will be emailing it to them first, before putting it on here. They might not want that..

Gina and Ken, 6th January 2008

7 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Happy, happy anniversary to you and Ken! Sounds as though you had a wonderful celebration. You deserve so many nice things!

Tuesday, 08 January, 2008  
Blogger MrsG said...

Hey Guys, Happy Anniversary to you both! 29 years is quite an achievement! Here's to many more happy years to come.
Kathie & Matt

Tuesday, 08 January, 2008  
Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Hi Gina,
Happy Anniversary to you and Ken. :)
My parents celebrated 47 years on the 6th.
I wish you both many, many more happy years to come. :)
HUGS,
-Patty

Wednesday, 09 January, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gina, what a wonderful anniversary. Congratulations to you and Ken. Keep looking after one another forever. And thank you for remembering our beloved Elvis too.

Blessings and bliss

Thursday, 10 January, 2008  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina A Very HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO You and Ken with many more years happiness together,
Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Jen

Monday, 14 January, 2008  
Blogger lindsaylobe said...

Gina, great photo with Ken, you look well and in good spirits! Congratulations on your anniversary.

Best wishes

Wednesday, 16 January, 2008  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Thank you all very much for your lovely comments - I do appreciate each one, and will visit your blogs very shortly.

Saturday, 19 January, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!