Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

One small part of our back yard.

There is a rock retaining wall just outside our back door, which has a glorious purple flowered plant cascading down one end. It looks so pretty on a sunny day, that I decided to photograph it for the blog.

This is a close up of the flower:



Topsy likes to lie in it, thinking she can't be seen. Sorry Puss, I gotcha this time!



I told someone recently my tomato plant was doing well. "Tomato plant?" she echoed. "Just one??" Well, yes. There are only two of us in this house, and one healthy plant will provide us with enough tomatoes for the summer. The other pots contain sage, rosemary, parsley, chives, oregano, and mint (out of the picture).

1 Comments:

Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi, You have quite a big back area there, ours you couldn't swing a cat in (as if you'd want to.As far as Tomatoes are concerned we eat Dozens of Cherry type every week, and usualy grow 10 plants in pots.

Wednesday, 24 December, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!