Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Bloggers Christmas Lunch.

Monday turned out to be a perfectly lovely Melbourne summer's day - sunny and warm, but with a faint breeze so it wasn't too hot. When my guests arrived I asked them if they would like to dine inside or out on the patio, and everyone voted to go outside. So here we are:

From left: Helen, LeeAnn, Brigid, Val and Gina.


From left: Connie, Helen, LeeAnn and Brigid.


Everyone brought a plate of food, and LeeAnn excelled herself with this enormous cupcake surrounded by normal size cupcakes - our dessert - YUM!!!!


Then we exchanged pressies: Connie gave us chocolates and some little Christmas ornies. Brigid gave everyone a tiny knitted Christmas stocking and hand sewn coin purse. Val made us each one of her exquisite hand made note books, and LeeAnn gave me so many gifts I had to take separate photos! The following photo is of a gorgeous ornament that LeeAnn found for me. Her other gifts are on my other blog because they contain embroidery.


Brigid also gave me a bag of goodies unrelated to Christmas giving - this stack of books on Calligraphy, and some vintage Chinese papers! Brigid has put her own write up and photos of our get-to-gether here.
My bloggy friends are so generous - thank you all very much!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Gday Gina..Looks like you had perfect weather for your ladies Christmas Lunch and love the linens and gifts you recieved.if I lived closed would have love to been there..
once again ill be having a flying visit to South Morang.friends 50th wedding Anniversary surprise lunch. Sunday and have to be back on the road Monday , Pennant Tuesday, wednesday bowls lunchoen, thursday doctors my 3 monthly check up, friday hair dressers, saturday xmas get together with friends.. a very busy week. i could do without the rushed trip, but we been friends since school.. take care will see you in the new year...

Saturday, 13 December, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!