Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Another visit to Melbourne Zoo.

The MOTH and I went to the Zoo a month ago to see Mali, the baby elephant. We made the mistake of going on the weekend, when thousands of other people had the same plan, so we missed out. This is Ken's last week off before he goes back to work, so I persuaded him that we should go to the Zoo again during the week. It worked! The day was quite cold, but no rain, and sunny enough to take some good photos. Even though there were quite a lot of people there, there were no queues to see Mali or the new Sumatra Tiger cubs, so we were able to spend about half an hour watching the cubs, and then watching Mali and the other elephants.

We saw the rest of the Zoo as well, in the five hours we were there, and I've got a heap of photos which I will put on a separate blog for anyone who wants to have a look.
The tigers' exhibit has been made to look as close as possible to their natural habitat - thickly wooded, long grass, etc. which makes it difficult to get a good photo with a very ordinary 8 year-old digital camera like mine! We were able to see the four cubs very well - they are delightful to watch, running around, playing with each other, nuzzling up to their Mum! But the only photo of mine that turned out was this one of the mother, when she came out into the open area for a minute.

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!