Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The darker side of America.

If you use the resources of the Internet to its full advantage, you can be up to date with just about anything happening around the world, and not just the media's view point. There are heaps of blogs written by people who want to get a specific message across to their readers, sometimes to counteract what is in newspapers and on t.v. And those on the 'coal face' are generally more au fait with whatever is happening in their part of the world.

One of my blog friends Cathy has recently created a new blog, to comment on the problems they have with illegal immigrants where she lives in Arizona. She writes about situations that sends shivers down my spine. It is similar to what we experience here, but on a HUGE scale. In fact we don't have that much of a problem at all compared with the USA! People have to cross a sea before they get here. Over there, Mexicans just walk across land...land that is privately owned by farmers, who are understandably unhappy about illegals who shoot their cattle and mess up their land on their way to a new life in the USA. Cathy's blog also has links to two other blogs which are political commentaries - and an eye-opener to this Aussie gal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Finding My Way said...

HI Gina,
Hope all is well.
-Patty

Tuesday, 06 July, 2010  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thank you Gina for the mention of my other blog.

I believe Obama and our Dept.Of Justice sued the AZ Governor because she took a stand.

500 protesters in Phoenix last week were imported from Los Angeles. When it started to rain they fled back to L.A LOL. Then there was news that vigilantes from the American Nazi Party were going to the border to shoot illegals and drug cartel members. We don`t need that! It`s getting ridiculous.

Thank you again. Is it winter where you are?

Cathy

Tuesday, 03 August, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!