Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Today at Healesville.

I had been invited to give a talk about my linen collection to the Healesville PROBUS club today, and as the meeting finished at 1 pm, I decided to spend the rest of the afternoon in the town, as it was such a lovely sunny day.

Healesville is a picturesque tourist town nestled into the hills of the Yarra Valley.

The main street is geared to the tourist trade - antique and second hand shops, cafes, and hotels make up most of the shopping strip.
The Grand Hotel...not so grand these days, but nobody would dare to pull it down!
Healesville Hotel is a stately old lady in comparison to the Grand.
After an hour's strolling around the shops, I settled down with a cappucino to flip through the pile of craft magazines I'd just bought for $9 - bargain! They are usually about $10 each!
This was my view from where I sat with my coffee.
On the way home, there was a delay in the traffic while workers dismantled their road working equipment.

While I was sitting in the car, I noticed these cows meandering across the field, and thought it would make a neat photo.
Homeward bound at the end of a perfect winter's day, which had started out with a peasoup fog, but ended up with this cloudless sky.

5 Comments:

Blogger Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Winter day for you, first day of summer for me:) Looks and sounds like you had such a lovely day. Talking about linens, then strolling through shops and then looking through magazines...AND a gorgeous day? Not fair!!
LOL
Patricia :o)

Tuesday, 22 June, 2010  
Blogger Anne S said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me :D

Tuesday, 22 June, 2010  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Ahhh...the joys of retirement, ladies (no smart comments about getting old, please!)

Wednesday, 23 June, 2010  
Blogger cell said...

beautiful! i'd like to go visit there sometime too! don't you just LOVE outdated magazines sold for a song!I love getting the BHG ones for 50cents at opshops!

Thursday, 24 June, 2010  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gina ~~ Healesville looks great after those terrible fires/ The photos are terrific. Love, Merle

Monday, 05 July, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!