Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Hot rods, trucks and quilts.

Ken and I went for a drive into the country yesterday, thinking we would find a nice quiet town and have a leisurely lunch. Driving through the Yarra Ranges National Park, and around the Black Spur -

we wondered where all the traffic was going to. The snow fields aren't far from there, so it was possible some of the traffic was headed up there, but we followed most of it here:


The nice quiet town of Alexandra (about 120 kls from Melbourne) turned out to be busier than Bourke Street! They were having their annual Truck and Hot Rod Show, but not only that - the local quilters group had their own show as well.

We decided to go there first, and spend the rest of the day in the town looking at the cars and trucks. Ken had never been to a quilt show before (surprise surprise), and I thought he'd be hurrying me along, but no, he quite enjoyed looking at them. He commented on colour, design and workmanship as if he'd been doing it all his life! I doubt very much if he will take it up as a hobby though...

The streets of this small town were jam-packed with souped up trucks and cars.




They were very lucky with the weather, as in spite of it being cold, the sun was out and it was a perfect day for strolling around looking at stuff, eating hot chips out of a cardboard cup, and later on enjoying a nice latte in a cafe. I have heaps of photos as usual, and will be posting them all elsewhere over the next few days, so if you are interested, keep your eye on this blog and I'll post links when I've done the photo shows.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Thanks for your contribution to the next-house musings!

Monday, 14 June, 2010  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gina ~~ Sounds like a nice day out and I am glad you both enjoyed the Quilters show. As well as the trucks etc. Cheers, Merle,

Tuesday, 15 June, 2010  
Blogger Val said...

Ken quilting !!!! what a hoot!

Friday, 25 June, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!