Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Boxing Day here, and I've cooled down.

Me and the weather have both cooled down; we've got our internet back, and the weather in Melbourne on Xmas Day was just about perfect, considering the extreme cold in other parts of the world, and the extreme heat we have had here in past years. Yesterday was mild, about 24 deg. and cloudy. Not warm enough to make use of Ken's Xmas gift to me - a lovely comfortable sun lounger!


But no rain, which was good for those who had to drive any distance to be with family and friends. We drove nearly 100 kilometres - from Eltham to Heidelberg to collect Ken's Mum from her Home, then to Ken's niece's house in Frankston South. The Eastlink tollway makes it a lot quicker, and Ken's GPS saved us time and tempers by doing the navigating for us! They really are a super invention. I told Ken I might put it in my car during the week while he is at work, and go driving all over Victoria, now that I know I won't get lost!

Ken and I had lunch on our own at home for the first time in 30 years, so I made the most of the opportunity, and lashed out on two fresh crayfish/lobster - $80 but worth every cent.

I set the kitchen table with a fresh white cloth, a single rose in a small vase, and a simple salad - nothing to overpower the exquisite flavour of the crays...mmm!

We collected MIL at 2 pm and arrived in Frankston at 3 pm, just in time to join the rest of their family for dessert - pavlova, plum pudding, choc. mousse, and all kinds of other delicious foods. Within minutes of our arrival, Ken's niece hustled me out to the laundry to show me this:


Ken immediately fell in love and asked M. if we could have one, and she said yes, but I said no. Not today anyway, as we didn't have the correct food or a bed for it, and with no shops open on Xmas Day, we wouldn't have been able to buy anything. When we got home, Topsy was cross because she'd been left on her own all afternoon, and didn't want to be cuddled or patted. We should have brought one of those kitties home...I would have found something to feed it until today when the shops open. It would be so nice to have a LOVING little kitty instead of a bad tempered one. Topsy must take after me with her bad temper...LOL

2 Comments:

Blogger fabriquefantastique said...

Hi Gina...I did not know that Christmas cactus cane in other colors....I think we only get red here in dull Canada ( actually there are a lot of good things about this country) seasons Greetings

Monday, 27 December, 2010  
Blogger cell said...

ooh those crayfish look yummy. the kittens look adorable! yes i know what you mean about "loving" cats. some are affectionate and some behave as if they're the boss! but they are, aren't they? hehe

Saturday, 08 January, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!