Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The past week.

It has been an odd week, full of ups and downs. I had a lovely afternoon on Monday with Ken's Mum. Another enjoyable day on Tuesday at the Embroiderer's Guild. On Wednesday morning G. and I had our last Tai Chi session for the year, and in the afternoon I was supposed to meet a group of ladies for afternoon tea at a local cafe, but the weather was so dreadful (heavy rain, strong winds) that we cancelled it. On Thursday, I met Val at our library to check out the latest exhibition, and she came back home with me for lunch. After lunch I picked up my disabled friend J. and took her shopping. On Friday I met a friend for coffee in the morning, and then spent the afternoon with Helen.

So, you think all that sounds okay, and what was the downside? Oh it was a nice week with all those activities, but when Ken came home from work on Wednesday it all changed for the worse! He was grumpy because he got absolutely saturated riding home on his bike in the rain. Understandable. Once he is grumpy though, he stays grumpy. My cooking was shit...why has he had to put up with this for 30 years? He found some stuff on his I-phone that was very noisy, and when I called him in for tea, the Iphone came with him, so I yelled at him to turn the bloody thing off. WELL! That made matters even worse. In the middle of all this, he looked out the window and saw that our rainwater tank was overflowing. I got the blame for that too, because I'd blocked one of the down pipes with a brick to stop it being blocked by leaves. So I donned a raincoat, went out into the teaming rain, got the ladder and climbed up on the roof to remove the offending brick. Came inside looking like the proverbial drowned rat and snapped "Happy now?"

Ah, the joys of married life.

2 Comments:

Blogger cell said...

ahh..married life's like that isn't it? the wind's been quite strong down here in Tassie too,sometimes i wonder if the roof will blow off. well at least you know the drought's over!

Saturday, 11 December, 2010  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ I am glad you had some nice outings and visitors. Sorry Ken
got thoroughly soaked on his way home from work. Enough to make anyone grumpy. The baby birds are
cute and they grow so quickly.
I hope things have settled down at
home now. Glad you liked the jokes I posted, but Ken may not like them.
Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

Tuesday, 14 December, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!