Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lilydale Show.

I had a beaut day today! I'd entered nine of my embroidered works in the Show this year and six of them won prizes! I've posted the details here if you want to see more about that. I went to the show with my friend Louise, who is always ready for a bit of fun, and fun we had!

We looked at the rabbits on show. Louise wanted to take them all home, but thought that wouldn't be fair to her beloved cat.


We went into the horticulture and produce shed to escape the heat for a while. People do weird things with fruit and vegetables for these shows!



We had ourselves tattooed. Here is me having Elvis put on my arm! (these only last a week or so - or I can scrub them off now if I really want to!)

Louise got the Cats (Geelong football team) symbol tattooed on her leg.

Louise is checking out the sideshows to see which one we should waste some money on.

She won a deck of playing cards, and I won this cute little felt dolphin.

Lots of rides for the kids. The little boys in these planes seemed to be enjoying it.

Great day for a ride on the Ferris Wheel (but we didn't go on it)

Ken loves these steam rollers and engines, but he wasn't with us today, so I took some photos to show him what he'd missed. That's me standing next to the wheel to show how big it is. (Actually, I'm a bit small, so it isn't a very good comparison)


We needed a rest after walking around for an hour, so we sat on hay bales with cold drinks and lusted after the hunks flexing their muscles in the wood chopping event;-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gina ~~ Glad you had such a nice fun day and congrats on your prizes - I don't
know where you find the time for all you do. Glad you liked my flowers and I liked the ones you posted. If you would like some pelargonium cuttings, I will send you some if you e mail your address. They
grow fairly easily. And no news proved to be good news. Take care my friend,
Love, Merle.

Monday, 22 November, 2010  
Blogger Pam said...

That looks nice and warm! It's rather chilly here - winter has returned.

Friday, 26 November, 2010  
Blogger cell said...

wow congratulations on your winning entries! i went to the royal hobart show too a few weeks ago. your japanese doll one is gorgeous. hmm now i'm inspired...perhaps i should try my hand at these things but i dont have a sewing machine.

Friday, 26 November, 2010  
Blogger Finding My Way said...

Gina; Looks like it was fun day. Congrat's on your prizes. :) Thanks for including the steams. My hubby loves that type of thing. I'll have to show him when he gets back.

Saturday, 04 December, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!