Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sugarloaf Reservoir filling up.

We had non stop rain on Saturday - bad enough to cancel the annual Eltham Festival. But great for the gardens, and for topping up our reservoirs. Today was cloudy but it didn't rain, so Ken and I decided to drive up to Sugarloaf to see how much it had filled up with all the rain we've been having. We were astonished to find it looking just about full! Compare this photo that I took back in June this year,


to these photos taken today. It's not from the same spot, but you can see the difference in the water level!



This Crimson Rosella flew off just after I took this pic. If you click on the photo, it will bring him up closer. They are one of our most beautiful parrots.


Took this pic on a whim, because I liked the effect of the reflection.

1 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hello Gina ~~ Yes it is great having
the good rains and getting the water storages full or near full. It is a
good start to Summer. But with the rain comes extra growth and when that dries off, fires are a worry.
Thanks for comments and yes I know which joke you liked best - me too.
I hope Ken gets good results from his Cardio. I'm still waiting. No
news is good news works for me.
Take care my friend, Love, Merle.

Tuesday, 16 November, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!