Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

This and that.

Phew, thank goodness this weekend will be a quiet one (as in nothing planned). I've had a busy but enjoyable week, and I'm tired! On Monday and Tuesday I went out to lunch with friends, and on Wednesday I went over to see Val, and we did our usual craft show and tell. On Thursday an old school friend who lives in the country came up to Melbourne by train, so I picked her up in the city at midday. We came back home without stopping anywhere, and settled down with a cup of tea to catch up on the past few years. Lovely afternoon in the sun, while she crocheted, I stitched, and we talked. I drove her back into the city early on Friday morning so she could catch the train on the next leg of her trip. When I came home, I did three loads of washing, having heard on the radio that more torrential rain was forecast for Melbourne. In the afternoon I went around to Glenda's and we sat in her nice cool kitchen and made more Kimono paper dolls. Do you like my blonde Geisha girl?





It has been so humid over the past few days. I hate this weather - it saps the life out of me, not to mention Ken. I don't know how anyone can live up in the tropics in Darwin and other parts of northern Australia. Ken has been moping around with no energy, and strugglng to breathe when he does exert himself. He said he was going to get the blower out and blow leaves off the driveway, but I put a stop to that idea. As well as the heat and humidity, it has been blowing a gale outside, and tidying up leaves would have been a fruitless exercise. So he went out into the garden to pull weeds, but came back inside completely stuffed after five minutes.

Poor bloke. He couldn't find anything of interest on the computer to look at, so he's gone into the loungeroom to lie down again. He doesn't say much, but the heart op. is on his mind. His mum turned 98 this week, and we are going over to his sister's place tomorrow for afternoon tea with the family. Just hope the weather is a bit more comfortable.

2 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gina ~~ Sorry I haven't been by and I am so sorry that Ken is so unwell and sincerely hope the bypass
will help him feel much better.
Congrats on the new computer. I bought my laptop from Data Parts and they set it all up for my and put everything on it that I wanted and it was only about $800 and about $80 for the set up. Sorry the weather is getting to you both. It is me too, plus I have a few more problems myself. Take great care my friend, Love, Merle.
All the very best to Ken for the test and then the op.

Tuesday, 22 February, 2011  
Blogger FredaB said...

Hi Gina

You will love your new computer once you get into it and learn all the new quirks.

It sounds like you have such a nice bunch of gal friends to visit and go out with. that is great to have support like that.

The waiting must be hard n Ken but hopefully he will hear soon.

All our best to him.

Hugs

FredaB

Sunday, 27 February, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!