Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Vale Marco Simoncelli


I know that most people who read this blog don't know or care about motorcycle sports, but Ken and I are both big fans, and we watch both GP and Superbike races when they are televised. Tonight we were shocked to witness live on tv the accident which resulted in the death of one of the top riders in MotoGP racing - 24 year old Italian Marco Simoncelli.
The following is one of many tributes to Marco now flooding bike websites across the internet:

Marco was flamboyant on and off the track. When someone dies, everyone always says they loved life. But he had a very vibrant personality. He already had a huge fanbase around the world, partly down to aggressive riding - but also because he was just a cool guy. He didn't take himself too seriously and would have been a big star for next year.
Matt Roberts

BBC MotoGP presenter

1 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gina ~~ Nice tribute. I think I heard that Marco came second after
Casey Stoner. Waste of a young life and I think an Englishman was also killed in a car race. Racing seems to be so dangerous.
I liked your owl face - well done in the next post.
I am glad I posted the Asylum seeker story and there was some truth in it.
I agree the warm weather does help cheer us up and feel brighter. Then it gets cool again, but we didn't get the rain you had.
Take care my friend, Love, Merle.

Wednesday, 26 October, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!