Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Johnston Collection.

Friend Val invited me to accompany her to visit the Johnston Collection yesterday (Monday). The Johnston Collection is a small museum in Melbourne - click on the link to read about it. We have been there before, but the collection is changed several times a year, so you don't always see the same things when you go there.

There is of course a gift shop attached to the museum with any number of beautiful things on sale. I always get caught opening my wallet! This time I bought two packets of paper napkins (they have some of the best paper napkins around)
And this little book on the origin and traditions of drinking tea. It has some fascinating old photos and vintage poster reproductions inside, as well as interesting anecdotes. I thought I would put it on show with my teapots and teacosies at the Bundoora Homestead Tea Party in March. And the teapot paper napkins as well.
And, this gorgeous pack of notelets with an early American crazy patchwork quilt on the front. Two of them have already been promised to friends!

2 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gina ~ Sounds like you and Val had a good day.
I am glad to be back with my blog friends again and getting a bit stronger.
Thanks for your comment.
Love and HUgs, Merle.

Wednesday, 01 February, 2012  
Blogger Pam said...

Ah, the temptations of a nice shop!

Thursday, 02 February, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!