Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

A month of celebrations.

February has been such a busy month for us.  We attended three celebration parties three weeks in a row, which is not something that happens a lot around here!  My friend Helen had her 70th birthday on the 11th Feb, Ken's Mum had her 99th the following week, and today we attended my oldest brother's 50th wedding anniversary party.  I had a lovely time catching up with the rellies.  Ken wasn't quite as excited because he doesn't know them as well as I do, so he just sat and watched me flitting around doing my hugs and photos thing.   My two brothers both live in Melbourne, but they have busy family lives with their children and grand children, so we don't get to see each other very often - weddings, funerals and the occasional anniversary, as I told someone today.

Ian and Wilma had kept all their engagement and wedding cards in an album, and they had it on display today.  It was like stepping back into the past seeing those cards from the early 1960's era - very different from the style of today's cards.  They also had their wedding album there, and some of the family photos brought back memories for me, especially the one of my parents with the bridal party.  Dad looked so young!  But of course I was only 13 at the time, and Dad in his late forties.
I trotted around lining people up into family groups for photos, which in retrospect was a good idea, as only one or two other people had cameras with them, so I think my brother will be happy with the result.  I created a temporary blog to send to the family members, but I doubt if it will be of any interest to anyone who reads this.  But if it is, you can find it here.
Tomorrow (actually today, because it is already Sunday morning as I type this) I have a drawing class workshop to attend.  The forecast was for 34 deg. C, not as hot as Saturday (37 deg.) but still uncomfortable, but I see on Google Weather it has been amended to 32 deg.  Hopefully it will continue to fall and we'll get a nice comfortable 28 deg. instead.  If my drawing of a Rainbow Lorikeet is any good, I'll be posting a photo on my new Art blog in due course.  All these blogs...my friends used to call me the eBay queen, but now they stir me up about having so many blogs!  Well, they all serve their purpose.

1 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gina ~~ Glad you have had some celebrations to attend
and the photos will be great to have and share around.
I knew you would like Warren's little piece. I had a dream the other night and there was a general election and Julia won. I was not happy - my worst nightmare. There are floods all around us in small towns
but we should be OK here in Shepparton. The tornadoes are horrific in the U.S.
Take care, Love, Merle.

Monday, 05 March, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!