Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Australian sugar - NOT.

Here I go with another rant. I've written to Choice magazine about this one; will be interesting to see if they respond. Today I bought a packet of raw sugar at Safeway. I usually buy Aussie CSR, but I spotted "Macro organic raw sugar" which had on the packet "Australian Certified Organic". Sounds good enough, so I bought it. When I got home, I had a closer look, and in smaller print was "Packed in Australia from imported ingredients". HELLO!! Nowhere on the pack did it say where these ingredients came from, so I phoned Woolworths to ask. The lady on the phone said she could tell from the barcode, so I read it out to her. Guess what - the sugar came from Brazil. I thought it was now mandatory for all food products to state the country of origin on their packaging? I'll be going back to good old CSR next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gina ~~ Choice magazine should reply and I agree we want as many Australian products we can get. We need them for the jobs and our country.
I hope you enjoyed your pancakes for a week!!!
I would strongly recommend you visit my brother's blog -holtieshouse.blogspot.com/ as I am sure you will agree with his latest brief post and the one before has some family photos in it.
Take care, be kind to Ken. Love, Merle.

Friday, 06 July, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!