Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, June 07, 2012

My photos will be famous!

I received a surprise email this week from the Nillumbik Shire Tourist Association. They are preparing some advertising for the Shire, and needed some photos of Hurstbridge, one of our small towns. One of the staff Googled 'photos of Hurstbridge' and up popped my blog post from a couple of years ago, with the photos I'd taken up there. She rang to ask me if they could use them, and I said of course! They will put my name on the brochure as the photographer. What a buzz! Gosh, I never thought those photos were that good - I just snapped them to put on here to show my overseas bloggy friends some of our local scenery. If you want to have a look, here is a link to that post.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Well done you!

No, I thought that KM said that word too but my husband told me that it wasn't that at all, and on reflection I realised that he was right. I can't remember what the actual word was, though... Folk or fork or something.

Thursday, 07 June, 2012  
Blogger FrolickingFroggy said...

Yay! A famous photographer in the making!

Thursday, 07 June, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!