Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Good news for Native Australians.

(This news item has made me a lot happier than the one I found last night, about gay google.) The Australian government has signed over a huge tract of land in Central Australia to the care of the Aboriginal people who were the original guardians of the land. Note that I said 'guardians', not 'owners'. The Aboriginal people have always rejected the concept of owning land; they look after it for future generations. How right that is. What a pity European settlers didn't feel the same way, not to mention 'white' Australians around today, who still plunder our country in so many ways. Look, I'm not against mining and forestry per se, but I think those industries could have been, and still could be - managed with much more consideration given to the long term effects. Anyway, I'll get off my soap box. Here is the link to the relevant news item.

1 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ Thanks for your comments and the hint for Grannie Annie or anyone else who needs to use some. I bought a bag of them washed them and put them in Freezer.
I will pass on your idea to Annie. Take good care, my friend,, Love, Merle.

Wednesday, 11 July, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!