Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, March 03, 2013

Two parcels to cheer me up!

In addition to all the caring messages that have been posted on my blogs, I received some lovely goodies from two dear bloggy friends.  I have know Liz in Kansas for a few years now and we have exchanged ATCs and fabric postcards in that time.  I recently sent her one of my paper napkin covered CDs, and in return she send me all these dear little goodies that she makes.  I had asked if she would send me one of her fabric origami flowers, but she said in her covering letter that they looked a bit lonely, so she added some more goodies!
Fabric postcard for my collection:
 Dear little purse with some US coins.

 Just love these fabric origami creations!
 Some littlie paper cut outs
 Fabric jigsaw piece.  I've seen these on blogs in the past and always wanted to have a go.  I probably never will now, but at least I have one of my own!

Cindy's packet was two hand made cards.  She'd shown some on her blog and asked her readers to select their favourite. I liked this one of a window with lace trim curtains and the bird.   The other card is embossed and just to say hi and hope I am feeling better soon. 
Love my bloggy friends!


1 Comments:

Blogger Finding My Way said...

Oh Gina these are beautiful. I've been working on some ATC's for you but now I'm rethinking them b/c well the ones you got are awesome and mine aren't.
But I'm glad to hear you're a bit more happy.
-Patty who's going back to the drawing board. :) TTYL

Sunday, 03 March, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!