Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Birthday week.

We are having one of our side fences pulled down tomorrow, and a new one built.  I was moving stuff around on the patio to clear enough space for the workers to bring timber into the back yard, when I lifted something that was far too heavy for me, and...oh, my back....Ken came out and told me off for doing it without him, but he's had his own problems with the shingles, so I didn't ask for his help.  La la la....we are both getting old.  I've also got a stye on my right eyelid which is starting to disappear but is still irritating, and looks horrible.

I'm due to present a talk tomorrow (Monday) at Warrandyte Probus club, about how I got involved making quilts for charity.  Ken's cousin Yaso is also going to speak about how the quilts I have collected for her are distributed among the native PNG tribes for their babies.  Ken rang her tonight to advise her that I  may not be there tomorrow, if my back is still bad, as there is no way I could drive, let alone stand up and give a talk, the way I feel now!  I've taken two of Ken's super strength pain killers, and tomorrow I'll take two Voltaren tablets, so I'm hoping all those will ease the pain and allow me to get to the meeting, as I've been looking forward to it.

On Tuesday we are supposed to be collecting a painting that was commissioned by us last year.  I should be okay if Ken drives over there.  It is going to be my birthday present from him.  My birthday is the next day, and in the morning we will be at the Austin Hospital for Ken's quarterly defib. check.  If we are both feeling okay and the weather is nice, we might go somewhere for lunch.  We are going out to dinner with friends that night, so I'd better be feeling a whole lot better than I do now, otherwise I will be a bag of misery.

Well, now that I've done my whinge for the week, I got something achieved today before I stuffed my back.  I made three handmade cards for the DTE swap coming up later this month, so I'm all organised.  You can see them on my craft blog here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!