Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Update on Patra's People (and thanks to my friends)

What great friends we make on this Internet. I have said it before, and no doubt I will say it again - five years ago, I scoffed at people who talked about the new friends they made via their computer. 'Get into the real world' I would think to myself. Well, I am very much part of that world myself now, considering that communications via computers is the Real World of the New Millenium. So, my Internet Friends, thank you all again for your warm and fuzzies replying to my last message. I am pleased to report that today saw a vast improvement in my state of health. Yesterday I felt like death warmed up when I woke - sore throat, aching all over and coughing. I thought I had the flu, so after doing some essential shopping, we spent a fairly quiet day at home, with me resigning myself to a week in bed, being looked after by poor Ken on his second week of vacation. This morning however, I woke up bright and early, laid there for a few minutes tentatively thinking my way through my body, and then feeling quite chirpy, hopped out of bed and put a load of washing in the machine. Apart from a hacking cough, I'm fine!! Fastest bout of flu or cold virus I have ever had! Although I do think my fail-safe cure of crushed garlic, honey and lemon juice has a lot to do with it.

We visited our family doctor this afternoon as scheduled - for Ken's heart test results, and my blood test results. Doc. Smith dealt with me first. Blood test was returned with no new problems showing up with my kidneys, so that was good news. My blood pressure has stabilised on the increase in medication, so I will have to stick with that for the moment. The verdict for Ken took a lot longer to go through. Yes, he had the test results, and he read everything out to us, but he could not actually give Ken a conclusive report on his heart, because that is the role of the cardiologist, and Ken won't be seeing him for another 2 weeks. So Doc. Smith was...well, kind of evasive, I guess, and we really aren't much better off as far as knowing whether or not Ken will be allowed to continue driving buses for a living. I put my foot in it later...I was ironing his shirts and said "This ironing might be a wasted effort if you don't have a job to go back to next month!" OOOOPS....Ken was not amused. God, talk about foot in mouth disease...

1 Comments:

Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Gina, my thoughts are with you both.

Sunday, 02 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!