Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Is your washing off the line?

We had a thunderstorm earlier tonight, accompanied by heavy rain. I was chatting to a friend on the phone about 9 pm and she said she had just called her daughter who lives in another suburb, to tell her to look at the sky. I asked what she was referring to, and she said "have a look yourself!" So I did, and saw the black clouds rolling in at a very fast rate of knots. My first thought was of one of my home care clients, for whom I do two loads of washing every Monday. I couldn't bear the thought of the whole lot being blown off her line to be strewn around the neighbours' gardens! So I said to Ken "I'm off to P's to rescue the washing!" and he shook his head. He still doesn't get it, although I have done this countless times before. P only lives a few streets away, she is severely handicapped, and has nobody else to look out for her. She was in bed asleep when I rapped on her door, but when I told her it was me, she came to the door in her nightie looking all tousled, but pleased that I was to rescue her washing. I know what it is like to have all my washing on the line, and to be elsewhere while it pours rain, knowing I won't get home in time to get it inside! I know, I'm mad. Yes, I have a clothes dryer (P doesn't), but I only use that in emergencies. I don't like to waste electricity on drying stuff in a dryer when we have good old Aussie sunshine most of the time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

you are such a sweet friend to all your dear little ladies

Wednesday, 14 December, 2005  
Blogger Laurie said...

Gina, you are such a wonderful caring friend to take of others the way you do! Sending hugs your way and hoping everything is well...

Thursday, 15 December, 2005  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Thank you...

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!