Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Nicole has 'tagged' me...

What were three things when you were little you wanted to be when you grew up?
1. Elvis Presley’s wife.
2. Rich.
3. Sexy

You can live one day over again from your childhood.
What day will it be?
The day Dad bought me my own record-player. I was about 12 and was so excited to think I could play my own records in my bedroom without having to stop to give someone else a go with the family record-player!

You have two minutes (and a mover with you if you need heavy lifting help!) to grab 5 things from your home before it morphs into a polka dotted hobglobin and hops away.
What will you take? (Food/drink/family/friends excluded!)
1. Topsy (the cat)
2. As many of my embroidery UFOs that I can fit into a suitcase
3. My handbag (holds keys, wallet, cellphone, diary and address book)
4. Photo album of the elvis concert I went to.
5. Ken’s laptop (easier to carry than my PC)

Follow your dreams they are the inspiration for your life.
What is the one thing you want to have accomplished by the end of this year?
To have lowered my blood pressure by daily walking.

You are moving to the moon for one year and can only bring on flower with you. What kind will you bring?
Goodness, I have no idea. What about a sunflower?

You just received word that aside from one flower, you can also bring five books with you too! Your choices?
1. One good cook book
2. One good craft/embroidery book
3. One book about Elvis
4. Reader’s Digest book of English myths and legends. (had this for 20 years but never have time to read it)
5. Readers Digest Reverse Dictionary (every time I pick it up, I learn something new)

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Robyn said...

hmmm if you had to choose ONE thing that you could say is your absolute favourite - which would it be:
Elvis or embroidered linen?

great answers by the way !

Tuesday, 14 February, 2006  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Thanks Robyn! If I had to rescue Elvis photos or my linen from a house fire, it would be the linen. It is completely priceless and irreplaceable, whereas there will always be Elvis photos, music, books, etc. around.

Tuesday, 14 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!