Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Your thoughtful feedback...

Thank you very much to all those ladies who have commented on my post about my P.Care work. I have replied to some of you by direct email, and to everyone else - my heart is warmed by your remarks. Like most of us, I tend to pour out my heart and soul here, not looking for pats on the back, but after reading all those lovely words of encouragement and friendship, I feel I should go and polish my halo! (Or buy a new big hat to accomodate my big head now - LOL!)

Seriously, if my words motivate others to go outside their comfort zone and spend time with people in need, then I feel I have accomplished something worthwhile in my lifetime. There are so many people in need out there -not only elderly or disabled, but young people who are traumatised by ugly life experience in their short lives.
I would like to reach out to them too, but I can only extend myself so far, so I restrict my work to those who I can help more readily. There are people who having had children themselves, are far more suited to working with children and teens than me. If that is you, and you can find some time in your life and some space in your heart, think about doing even a small act of kindness for a young person in need of help. Our world can be a better place if more people make it so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!