Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Catching up with Blogger friends...

Ken and I had the most wonderful day last Sunday. Lee-ann had invited us to lunch with her and her hubby Rob. I had met Lee-ann and Rob at the Antiques Roadshow, and again at the Melbourne Museum when Lee-ann had her china collection on display there. Ken is a bit on the shy side, but having met Rob, I was pretty sure that he and Ken would get on okay, and they certainly did. Lee-ann and I abandoned them soon after lunch (Roast Pork followed by Chocolate Pudding - YUM!) - she offered to show me her collection of linen, some inherited from her mother and other relations, and other items given to her, or things that she had found at op-shops. Of course with me oohing and aahing over everything, that took an hour or so, then I wanted to see around their cottage, the garden, etc.

The blokes seemed to be happy in front of the fire, discussing all the important things that blokes like to talk about, and Lee-Ann and I had other important business to attend to as well. We were partners in one of Ms Robyn's Vintage Swaps, so we gave each other a parcel of goodies which took up some more happy minutes to unwrap and exclaim over everything.*** I had won two of her ebay auctions last week, and they were waiting for me to inspect too. But, as well as all that, this lovely generous lady had been finding things at op-shops that she thought I would like, and presented me with a pile of doilies etc. all tied up in a tape measure!

All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable day. Their miner's cottage is around 100 years old (I'm sure Rob told Ken it was older) and Rob is doing wonders with the renovation. Unfortunately all Lee-ann's china is packed away, but she has promised to invite us again when the reno. is finished and she has everything out on display again. In the meantime, I'm hoping to persuade them to visit us in the near future, so Ken can show Rob his home theatre set up, and Lee-ann and I can spend a couple of hours with my linen!

**Here is what was in Lee-ann's "Goddess" exchange parcel:
English bone china cup, saucer and plate,
Chocolates and teabags,
Face washer and bath salts,
Boxed set of four vintage embroidered napkins,
Two huckabuck hand towels,
One doiley,
Six skeins of stranded cotton in shades of purple,
Two needle threaders (these in a small cotton embroidered bag),
A packet of Beeswax for cleaning irons,
A packet of Aunt Martha's vintage iron-on transfers,
A vintage magazine of embroidery stitches,
Three mini cross stitch kits.
I have taken some photos of all these items, but until I finish the film and have it developed, I can't show you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kali said...

waaaa, Hi Gina, I just wrote out a long comment and pressed a wrong button and lost it all!

I will try again, and if the first one somehow appears please delete it :(

Briefly....

I was over visiting Lee-ann and read your comment about your visit to hers with Ken. It all sounded like a wonderful day and it was good to hear that you all enjoyed such yummy food, great company and common interests. Your pressies all sound a treat as well.
You ladies sound as if you have so much in common and that the men enjoyed themselves too...though your Ken sounds a bit like my Mark...though come to think of it, I am rather shy when meeting and building new friendships.
Thanks for sharing your day with us.
Take care and I hope you are having a pleasant week.
Kali

Tuesday, 25 July, 2006  
Blogger Peggy said...

sounds like you had a very special swap! And lady you sure stay busy and on the go!

Tuesday, 08 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!