Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I am married to Ken. We have no children except a cat and a collection of Australian parrots, finches, canaries and a dozen hens.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

A nasty shock.

Isn't it weird how fast things can change? On Tuesday I was on top on my world. But within 24 hours, I was in the emergency ward of a public hospital with a suspected heart attack. My back and shoulders were aching all Wednesday afternoon while I was house-cleaning, and it hurt to take deep breaths. By the time I got home at 3.45 pm, I couldn't even summon the strength to get out of my car and go up the stairs. I sat in the car for half an hour, then I phoned Ken from my mobile and asked him to come and help me. He tore downstairs like a rocket, took one look at me and bundled me off to the doctor in his car. Luckily my doctor was on duty, and she put me on oxygen, gave me a nitrate pill under the tongue, and I started to come good after a few minutes. But she called an ambulance because my blood pressure was all over the place, and she wanted me to be monitored in hospital instead of just sending me home. So I was in the Austin emergency ward for about four hours, on oxygen and having all kinds of tests run. They decided I hadn't had a heart attack, but it was most likely angina, so I have to see a cardiologist and have a stress test.

We got home about 9.45 pm and Ken was cross when I went off to Safeway at 11 pm and did my shopping as usual! But I was okay by then, and still feel fine today. Luckily I only had one job this afternoon - a respite job, where I sit with my client for two hours while her daughter is at work. Today she was sleepy, so I had a snooze in the chair alongside her! Still, I have to think seriously about continuing to clean houses for a living; the results of further tests will decide that. If I do have a heart problem, I don't intend to make things worse by wearing myself out before my time!


Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

So sorry to hear about this, especially right after the posting about your happy but normal day. I think it is probably a sign that you are overdoing things, take care.

Friday, 11 August, 2006  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hmmmm... I think I will wait until I see you to shout at you...or give you a big hug... You silly goose please take care and I will ring you at the weekend....

Friday, 11 August, 2006  
Blogger Nicole said...

Gina Gina Gina... oh please take care of yourself... I am simply in shock at what you have told us. This is just not on! Stop it at once and resume life as it was... I just could'nt take it if anything happened to you. Don't you make me get on a plane and fly down there! I will, I will, I will. xox

Friday, 11 August, 2006  
Blogger Calidore said...

Gina - how horrible for you. Do take care of yourself and let hubby pamper you for a while.

Sending cyber hugs your way.

Friday, 11 August, 2006  
Blogger AnneS said...

Oh heck, I'm just catching up on a few blogs, and read this - hope you're feeling better ... make sure you look after yourself!! Hope all the tests go well :)

Monday, 14 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!