Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006


Ken's latest toy...This picture is on the wall in our entrance hall. It has LED lights in strategic places, such as the tail lights on the cars, the lights around the title of the show (Rio Bravo), the top three spotlights at the top of the movie screen, and the lassoo is all lit up too. They actually flash on and off...all the time. As long as you leave it switched on. Which Ken does. All the time (unless I turn it off when he's not in the vicinity!)
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Debbie Kathy Lela and Marilyn said...

You are not going to believe this but when I was a teen-ager (a million years ago lol) We had a Drive-in in our town called the Sky Vu. I also had a horse and Lasso. As a matter of fact it was just like Ken's lighted picture. Thank you it brought back a lot of really good memories of that back row where no one could remember the name of the movie. We always had some goodie goodie that actually watched it so we could get a summation of it in case our parents asked what it was about. by the way i love the results of the yard work. And that teapot is great.

Thursday, 02 November, 2006  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Looks like just the sort of thing a guy would like..I like the horse =)

Saturday, 04 November, 2006  
Blogger Gina E. said...

LOL Debbie - I saw less of a movie at a drive-in than I did at a regular theatre! Glad you liked this picture. Maggie Ann, yes, it is a guy-thing alright - one of my girl friends came in our house and saw it. She just raised her eyebrows...I knew what she was thinking: "Why do you let Ken put these things up in your home?" She has beautiful decor in her home, but as long as Ken has his way, there will always be movie posters and stuff like that on our walls!

Monday, 06 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!