Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Do you like our jazzy sheets?


Our house is often described by other people as being 'retro'. I don't fully understand that word, but I am assuming it means our house looks like it belongs to the 1970's. Well, it was built in 1975, so that's fair comment. We haven't changed it much - still have orange carpet, cedar walls, and mission brown exposed beams. Sorry if that offends anyone, but we liked it back then and we still like it! A friend was present while I was changing the sheets on our bed one day and when she saw the clean ones, she shrieked 'Oh darling, how RETRO!!" Gawd, here we go again. What do you think? Colourful? Cute? Or just plain hideous?? They were a wedding present I think, so they would be nearly 30 years old, right back to the seventies, yes! But they are Sheridan sheets, and they haven't worn out yet, so I'm just going to keep on using them!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

There is something ever so nice about not visitng your blog page for awhile (now don't think that! :o)

THEN.......starting at the bottom of the page and reading every word of every post you have done, it is a bit like coming over for a cup of tea and a good chat......yep! the sheets are retro but to define them is "a fashion reminiscent of the past" "timeless classic". So you are very! in fashion and very "in"

I just found out those who have a love of retro or things from the past 40 years are called "retrophilia" now that does not sound like you my friend.

just a bit of fun here. so nice to drop in for a cuppa and a chat today. see you again real soon.

love your photos
Lee-ann

Sunday, 25 February, 2007  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina.
I think your bedroom looks so fresh and nice ,I was always taught if you like something and your happy with it, dont worry what other people think.

Tuesday, 27 February, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your style Gina. If it is what you love and are comfortable with.... then it is fabulous. My grandma still gives me her sheets when she has finished with them lol. She always buys sheets with high thread counts and after thirty or so years... I get them lol. Not that I am complaining... free is good.

Wednesday, 28 February, 2007  
Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

I like them. :) Keep doing what you like. That's what makes you special. :) I hear the same thing from my friends. LOL I got tiger spoted sheets and have them for almost 17 years. They're still in good shape and I we like them.
Hope you're having a good day. :)

Saturday, 03 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!