Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Visiting friends last Sunday.

LeeAnn has just posted photos and commentary on PearTree Cottage, but I decided to write my own impressions as well. Ken and I are a bit reserved with people we don't know well, so it was with some trepidation we accepted LeeAnn's invitation to her hubby's Rob's 60th birthday celebration on Sunday evening. It was at her daughter's house, and we assumed there would be lots of family and friends, none of whom we would know. We were right about lots of family, but much to our surprise, we were the only non-family 'friends' present.

Introductions were made to Rob and LeeAnn's (grown up) children, and their little ones, but names were quickly forgotten among all the happy noise of little people tumbling about the house, with adults trying to keep an eye on them! After a delicious dinner (Amanda is definitely her mother's daughter; great cook, food in abundance!), we settled down to catch up with LeeAnn and Rob, and get to know the family. Amanda's hubby was wearing a tee-shirt with a motorcycle emblem, so of course Ken struck up a conversation about bikes, and within minutes they disappeared outside to check out Tony's bike.

Amanda (again like her Mum) is an opshop fan, and showed me some of her favourite 'finds', including a stunning embroidered tablecloth, which LeeAnn promptly photographed me holding! That reminds me - that naughty girl took all the photos and managed not to get in any herself...what a pity, because she has a new hairstyle and it suits her so much!

All in all, a very enjoyable evening - Ken and I were warmly welcomed, and felt at home right away. I think it is a great privilege to be invited to a family celebration like this, and Ken and I want LeeAnn and Rob to know again how much we loved being there.

4 Comments:

Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Cool, must have been a wonderful evening. Meeting blogger friends seems to be becoming a hobby, Gina !!
Take care, Meow

Tuesday, 26 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pleased you had an excellent evening... I'm much the same and probably would've chickened out one hour beforehand. Sounds like it was a wonderful birthday to be had. xox

Tuesday, 26 June, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Connie, hopefully you'll meet LeeAnn when we have that get-to-gether in springtime. She is dying to meet you all, I know that!

Tuesday, 26 June, 2007  
Blogger Val said...

How wonderful that you got to meet another blogger friend. I too want to catch up with Lee-Ann sometime soon. I think I told you we pass her house every time we go to our bush block near Castlemaine.

I can't imagine you being reserved, Gina!

Saturday, 30 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!