Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Bloggers Meeting by Invitation.

There is a blog specifically created for organising get-to-gethers for Melbourne Bloggers. They had a meeting in May which was very successful from all accounts. Now Miss Eagle has suggested to me in an email that we might organise a meeting with the bloggers that we know by visiting each other's blogs. She did also suggest we hold a kind of Bloggers Garage Sale, as most of us seem to be 'crafty' in one way or another. Most of us have craft stash that we'd like to offload to another unsuspecting crafter for a few dollars, and rather than pay for the privilege of advertising on eBay, why not kill the proverbial two birds, and sell/swap with our blogger mates?

I had forgotten that Miss Eagle had only suggested this to me in an email, and I wrote on Val's blog that Miss E. had a post on her blog about her proposed event. Oops...after checking The Trad Pad, I realised my mistake, so it looks like I will be the first to mention it. Miss E. did suggest a venue, but I'll leave that to her to write in more detail on her blog. In the meantime, to make a start, I am going to list here the bloggers I have met, either in person or in cyberspace - who I would like to meet up with at a meet-and-greet style event. If you see your name here and you would like to attend, leave a comment at the end of this post. It will help Miss E. to figure out how many are like to turn up, and then decide on a venue.

Sharon (Beyond A Blank Page)
Jeanette (Jen's Chronicles)
LeeAnn (Pear Tree Cottage)
Val (Val Has Her Say)
Connie (Varieties of Meow)
These ladies live either in Melbourne or within driving distance. If I have left anyone out who would like to be part of this, just leave a comment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Oooh, Gina, that would be a wonderful idea ... count me in !! I'd have to search through my craft stuff for items to offload ... I'm very much a keeping stuff kind of gal ... sure I'll find something though LOL.
Take care, Meow

Sunday, 17 June, 2007  
Blogger Val said...

Count me in too!

Sunday, 17 June, 2007  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Girl, I would love to take part in this too but I am afraid only if it is a Sunday, sadly I work on Saturdays at the moment.

I am not huge at craft but would I am sure find some bits to share. AND enjoy a visit with you all for sure.

Lee-ann

Monday, 18 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!