Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Blogger Buddies.

Who said it was a crazy idea to make new friends on the Internet? I did..five years ago. Well, I have had egg on my face dozens of times since then! Today (Thursday) I had the pleasure of meeting up with two more lovely Blogging friends - Val and Connie. They drove to Eltham, and we met up outside the post office as arranged. Connie and I knew each other from 20 paces - we were both wearing all our Kitty brooches! (Well, all of mine. Connie probably has more!!) From there we went to Volumes bookshop/cafe and got to know each other while having lunch. One of the waitresses kindly took this pic for us - from left Val, Connie and Gina, a.k.a. Val, Meow and Patra!

I took this one of my two new friends:


Connie had to leave us earlier than originally planned, so I took Val to a scrapbooking warehouse in Eltham, and we happily browsed there for ages! Scrapbooking is not one of my interests, but I do love all the paraphernalia that goes with it. I ended up buying a special kind of pen which is used to write or draw and leave a sticky surface. This is then covered with fine powder and heated, thus creating an embossed finish. I did not spend an extra $50 dollars on the special heat-gun thingy required to seal the written creation (or stamped, if you use those gorgeous stamps), as Val told me she used her toaster to do this. I was wondering how you would do this without setting the paper alight, until she explained to me that no, you do not put the paper INSIDE the toaster: you hold it over the top...duh. (Wake up, Gina) well, we had a giggle over that one!

8 Comments:

Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hey, Gina ... the photos turned out great.
It was a fun day, and I really enjoyed getting to know you, and catching up with Val again. Hope we can do it again, soon.
Bugger my car, for playing up ... I would've loved the Scrapbooking shop ... hmmm, next time.
It was quite funny, thinking back to our lunch ... all three of us barely stopped yacking LOL.
Thanks for inviting me.
Take care, Meow

Friday, 15 June, 2007  
Blogger Val said...

Hee hee, that was funny about the toaster! I'm so glad we cleared that up though before you started embossing.

Friday, 15 June, 2007  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

one day, I hope that I can be on your blog with you - having whatever beverage we decide to drink!
or maybe it will be on the steam train somewhere here in the mountains :)
or even at a political rally hee, hee !!

Friday, 15 June, 2007  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina, sounds like you all had a wonderful time one day we might all be able to meet up..

Friday, 15 June, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

You certainly have had a wonderful time. I'll have to meet Connie another time. I think she must live over my way. Blogging is a great way to make friends and I have not been disappointed in meeting the people behind the blog.

Blessings and bliss

Friday, 15 June, 2007  
Blogger Granny said...

How lucky you are to meet Val and Meow. (And of course how lucky they are to meet you). I envy all of you.

Meeting bloggers is such fun. I've been able to get together with a view and have had phone conversations with others.

And, of course, there's always email and IM.

Sunday, 17 June, 2007  
Blogger Granny said...

Good grief. I meant to say "get together with a FEW", not a view.

We do speak English here in the states but I've had a long day.

Sunday, 17 June, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi Granny, Thanks for signing my guest book - I've just been reading your blogs, and signed into your guest book!

Monday, 18 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!