Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Isn't this the cutest thing??!!

I discovered these little critters on eBay last week, and just had to have one! They come in a variety of knitted colours, including all the VFL football team colours, for any Aussie who is interested. I wrote a post about them on my other blog, putting a link to the supplier, but didn't have a photo until now. As this isn't anything to do with my linen collection, I decided to put him here. I've always loved golliwogs, and the idea of having a golly teacosy just tickled my fancy! I put it on the teapot on the kitchen table when I came home, and when Ken came in later, it caught his eye straight away. He smiled and said "That is cute!" Topsy isn't too keen on it though - I think she's worried about having another black face around the house in competition with her!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

gina I can understand Topsy's feelings on the cute golly! - I am sure Topsy will be the best little cat now you ever did see! seeing as a new "something" Has arrived at home in the shape of a teapot cozie! lol lol lol lol!

Topsy you tell it who is boss!!!
Lee-ann

Thursday, 05 July, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one gorgeous teacosy Gina. I must think about covering up my naked teapot one of these days. You'd think, being a knitter, I would have done it by now.

I just had a thought..... go and get as many stuffed black cats as you can find.... that'll freak out topsy for sure, into being a good cat. lol

Friday, 06 July, 2007  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

hmm isn't it politically incorrect to call it a golly wog? hahaha!
I love tea-cosies - I had a koala one ages ago, but don't know where it went.

Friday, 06 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!