Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Our Christmas Day.

I've spent much of today gloating over my stash of Christmas goodies! That sounds disgusting, doesn't it - consumerism gone mad. But I've been spoiled yet again this year by my friends and Ken's family (not mine - nothing from them at all this year, but that's another story). I'm not going list everything I received, but let me tell those of you who are reading this, and who gave Ken and I gifts, I love all my gifts, and will be contacting everyone individually shortly.

Ken found another Chocolate House this year, in spite of me saying please don't - I'm getting so fat around my middle, I need to stop eating chocolate...well cut down at any rate. But how can I not eat this?



He also gave me a hairdryer to replace my old one that blew up a couple of weeks ago, as well as one of those USB memory stick things so I can save the stuff on my PC in case of a crash, or whatever else. Trouble is, the label says it is only suitable for Windows 2000, XP or Vista. I'm on ME. So it might not work.

Ken's sister L. gave me two exquisite embroidered suppercloths which you can see on Patra's Other Place, as well as a Mauve Binchy novel. Another family member gave me a doiley embroidered with a Crinoline Lady, which she had done for me, and that is also on the other blog.

We spent Christmas Day with Ken's family at his sister's home, and my time was mostly taken up playing with Ken's niece's two little girls. Their Mum is always pleased to spend time with her Mum and Grandmother while I distract the kids outside playing ball, or hide and seek, or whatever. They all tell me what a great Auntie I am; I say it is because I can give them back when I've had enough - lol! Here is me with the pair of them on my lap:

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

What a lovely picture! and how nice to get good news of Helen. Hope she continues to improve.

Thursday, 27 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!