Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Visiting Helen on Boxing Day.

After admiring everything and mentally drafting thank you emails and letters this morning, I spent the afternoon with Ken at Helen and Ray's home. Helen was home from Xmas Eve until Boxing Day Eve. She spent Xmas Day at her younger son's home with the rest of the family, and had a lovely day, she said. Today was R & R, but she was happy to have us drop in for a cuppa, and to give me her gift - four beautiful bowls with my favourite designs:



Helen is greatly improved - she can lift her left arm up and pick up a coin, and can walk with the aid of a stick, although she will probably use a walking frame for a while to be safer on her feet. She is still at the one-hand typing stage which is driving her nuts! So she's restricting herself to short emails at the moment, but I'm betting as soon as she is home for good (in 4 weeks or less), she will be fit enough to get back into blogging and catch up with everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

How nice that Helen got to come home for a bit. I hope she'll be home for good soon. Your dishes are absolutely beautiful. I don't think I've seen anything like those before.

Tuesday, 08 January, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!