Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Black Christmas Trees?? What next?

I just read this on NineMSN News:

It is very thought-provoking - people have varying opinions on the topic. What do you think? I think the journalist hit the nail on the head when she referred to this as "The darker side of the festive season". It seems more like something that Harry Potter would have in his school for witches and wizards - not something a Christian family would have in their homes to celebrate the birth of Christ.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

I have one big real tree and two artificial ones. One of the requirements for the fakes was that they look as life-like as possible. Black sure doesn't fit that so I don't believe one would make it to my house. It was interesting to see the black one though.

Thursday, 06 December, 2007  
Blogger MrsG said...

I'm not sure I'd buy one but its pretty with the deco's on it. Being black doesn’t make it evil…
Christmas trees are yet another thing that the church ‘borrowed’ from pagan rituals way back when so I’m not sure how necessary a green tree is to celebrate Christmas the Christian way.
And before I get off my soap box and pass it on to someone else… I would have thought that the “darker side of the festive season” has more to do with the people that are forgotten and alone, the many divorces, illnesses and deaths that are brought on by the stress of the silly season and the homeless and hungry that we ignore in our search for the perfect wrapping paper.

Hmm…that was quite a rant…Sorry. :) Hope I didn’t offend.

Thursday, 06 December, 2007  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina, Black Xmas trees what next.. I havent put a tree up for a couple of years, but i still put a few decorations around the house and have a small table tree.My Daughter ex Eltham, that lives nearby has a green tree and and her house is all lit up, I must take a photo... Take care... By the way how is Helen progressing...

Thursday, 06 December, 2007  
Blogger lindsaylobe said...

I am not particularly taken with black period!
Whilst not wishing to detract from those choosing elegant black outfits, be they men or women, my preference is always to see bright colours!
Black to me is not a particularly imaginative colour and as a Christmas tree I could think of nothing worse! It makes as much sense to me as painting your house black and then hanging out all sorts of coloured lights, or streamers to try and brighten it up.

Best wishes

Friday, 07 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!