Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, May 19, 2008

One Hundred Years old!

If you've been following this blog for a while, you might remember me writing about visiting my elderly Uncle about a month ago. Well, he celebrated his 100th birthday on Sunday, and Ken and I were among the privileged ones to be invited to his party. I say privileged because let's face it, how many 100th birthdays do any of us get invited to? We saw his birthday cards from the Queen and the Governor General of Australia, as well as congratulatory letters from the Prime Minister, the Premier of Vic. and the Governor of Vic. as well as other assorted people of some importance!
I took a heap of photos of course, and created a blog for posterity. I'm hoping other family members will send me their photos to add to the blog, so we can make it a joint family project celebrating Uncle Fred's long life.
If you are curious, here is the link.
I'm not putting it on my sidebar, as it is more of a family thing, not of much interest to anyone else.

6 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ Great post about Uncle Fred's 100th birthday. Wonderful age
and he looks good for it. The photos were great, Thanks for sharing them.
Take care, Love, Merle.

Monday, 19 May, 2008  
Blogger Pam said...

Suddenly I feel almost young!

Wednesday, 21 May, 2008  
Blogger Laurie said...

Dear Gina,
I know its been ages since I've popped in to say hello.
WOW! 100 years old ~ you are right not many people reach that age or know anyone that does. Fabulous!!

Wednesday, 21 May, 2008  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina, Congrats to Uncle fred for reaching a wonderfull milestone 100 years! Lovely party photo's to treasure.

Thursday, 22 May, 2008  
Blogger Alice said...

It really is amazing the things he's lived through. I wish I could have a conversation with him myself, so many things I'd love to ask him about his life. He must be so proud of the cards he received from such famous people.

Thursday, 22 May, 2008  
Blogger Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Hi Gina,
Wow! 100 years! That's wonderful. I'm so glad you shared it with us.
Patricia :o)

PS:
Guess what?! You’ve been tagged. I love your blog and thought it would be great to share it with others. Visit my "Tagged..." blog for details where your blog is promoted.

Thursday, 22 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!