Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Apologies for my absence.

I might not be here for a week or so. There are a few things happening here that need my attention more than the computer at this time. One of Ken's oldest friends (not old in age, but length of time - 60 year friendship) has just had one leg amputated due to complications which developed after a doctor misdiagnosed an injury to his foot. This friend (whose name is also Ken) lives in Brisbane Qld, and my Ken is just about beside himself with worry. We've been monitoring the cheap flights to Brisbane to see if he can fly up there for a day visit his mate, but up till now we haven't organised anything.

One of my two clients in aged care was taken to hospital yesterday and I don't know how long she will be there of course. I was monitoring her closely because she hasn't been eating lately, and she was so drowsy yesterday, I thought she was unconscious. When I brought her to the attention of the nursing staff, they put her on oxygen and called an ambulance, which took her to the emergency room in a public hospital. So, I may not have much work for a while, if she doesn't come back to the facility, so I'll have to look for other work to keep the money coming in. I've arranged to access my superannation with a monthly payment to top up my current wage, but that won't be anywhere near enough if I lose this client!

Finally, I've had a couple of stitching projects on the go this year, that have deadlines, so I want to make a concerted effort to get them finished, which will mean less time on the computer.

I doubt if I will be seriously missed by anyone, but thought it would be polite to let my cyberspace friends know what is happening! Back soon...

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Gina, there's no need to apologize. My grandfather had both of his legs amputated when he was in his late 60's and lived many happy years, my prayers are with you!

Happy Mother's Day!

Kathi

Monday, 12 May, 2008  
Blogger Pam said...

Hope all goes well with your visit.

Monday, 12 May, 2008  
Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Gina,
No need to apologize but I beg to differ about your ending comment. I miss ya.
Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.
HUGS,
-Patty

Monday, 12 May, 2008  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ I am so sorry about Ken's friend and he will feel better if he can go to see him. I hope he copes OK and stays positive. (Ken 2)
Also I am so sorry about your client and I hope she recovers for both your sakes. I enjoyed the story about Elsie and your other dogs. Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day. Take care, and the time you need, but you will be missed. Love, Merle.

Monday, 12 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!