Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hospital-i-Tea Blog-a-thon.



This Blogathon is still going strong, but I haven't had a chance to complete these last two topics in full, so I've just added a comment below each one:


April 20 - April 26
The-Sweet-and-Savory-of-Yummy

Share your favorite teatime recipe for sweets or savories. Tea sandwiches, scones, and dainty desserts all count in this category. Give credit to the originator of the recipe if possible. Post a picture if you can. This is sure to make everyone hungry for a delicious tea time treat!

I always have difficulty in selecting one or two recipes out of thousands in my cookbooks! My own favorite 'afternoon tea' is a Devonshire Tea - scones jam and cream with freshly brewed tea....VERY English and very delicious!



April 27 - May 3
The White, Green, Black, and Herb of Tea

Tell about your favorite tea. How do you prepare it and serve it? Milk and sugar? Plain? What are some of your best memories of serving or sipping on this tea? Share a picture if you can. Tell the health benefits of the tea(s) you prefer. Where do you purchase your tea? Is there someplace you enjoying purchasing tea from? Who from and where?

The only way I drink tea is with milk and one teaspoon of sugar. Teabags are okay, but at night I make a pot of tea with loose tea leaves, which gives hubby and I two mugs of tea each to have after our dinner. I buy our tea at the supermarket - no particular brand - whatever is on special that week!

8 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Sharing a mug of tea after dinner with your husband is such a nice tradition and what a good way to relax at the end of the day.

Wednesday, 30 April, 2008  
Blogger Vee said...

Lovely to share a tea and it's a good thing that you aren't frantic about finding the perfect tea.

Wednesday, 30 April, 2008  
Blogger Bonita said...

Yum! Devonshire tea sounds so yummy. I never thought about drinking tea after supper, but that would be a great way to relax.

Wednesday, 30 April, 2008  
Blogger La Tea Dah said...

So glad you are back with us, Gina. Thanks for your post. I think your tradition of two mugs a tea with your husband after dinner each evening is wonderful!

:) LaTeaDah

Wednesday, 30 April, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mmm..your post is so very cozy. Tea after supper is a great way to connect after a long day.
marye
kettleandcup.com

Thursday, 01 May, 2008  
Blogger Steph said...

What a lovely after-dinner ritual!

Friday, 02 May, 2008  
Blogger Linda said...

Nice to visit your blog and read about Anzacs as well as tea. Thanks.
www.homesteadblogger.com/ourlittlehouseintown

Friday, 02 May, 2008  
Blogger Grace said...

nice post, wish Tommo liked tea more

Saturday, 03 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!