Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, November 07, 2008

Andre Rieu has arrived in Melbourne.

A year ago, I had a little blog for fans of Andre Rieu, but it was getting too busy for me to cope with on my own, so I handed it over to another fan who created a website, which in the past 12 months has become HUGE in the world of Andre. There is no way I would have been able to do that, as I'm not technically literate enough to get into websites - but nor was she until she offered to do this. She had several advantages over me - the time to spend on it, and family and friends who are very computer-orientated, but I am still in awe of what she has accomplished! She's now met Andre and his entourage when they arrived in Melbourne, and no doubt will be on t.v. and radio in the next few weeks while he is in Australia. I think I can say now, that this lady is the person who bought tickets to Andre's concert for Ken and I last year, when I wrote that we couldn't afford to buy them. So Jann, if you are reading this, congratulations on a fantastic website, and we'll be thinking of you with love and gratitude next Friday night when we are at Telstra Dome.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Gday Gina,The Year is sure slipping by faster than ever. Wish Ken all the best for a great time in QLD, sounds like there got a lot of catching up to do.

Have a wonderful time at the Andre Rieu concert I have a lot of his DVDS. I am going to watch it on pay Tv (Austar) with my elderly neighbours Saturday night. Ive reserved a front row seat LOL

Monday, 10 November, 2008  
Blogger Alice said...

Your Rieu web site has really matured under your friend's direction. Good for her. My favorite picture the is the one of Andre wearing glasses, looking like a guy you'd see on the street. He's very handsome.

Tuesday, 11 November, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!