Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, December 26, 2008

My afternoon walk on Christmas Eve.

I spent the afternoon with Val on Christmas Eve. We went for a walk alongside the Eastern Freeway. Sounds crazy doesn't it? But hidden behind the sound barriers are beautiful parkland, wetlands and walking tracks. It was a lovely peaceful afternoon with no hint of what was to happen later on.

Val walking along the track.

Gardiner's Creek. The freeway is on the other side of the wall/sound barrier.

Unusual rock formation along the creek bed.

Wetlands.

We climbed these steps to reach the footbridge which crosses the freeway.
Me in the centre of the bridge.
Looking down on the wetlands from the overpass.

Looking toward the city (but you can't see the skyline from here)
Looking in the other direction toward Ringwood
We found some nice spots to stop for a drink, and enjoy the peace and sunshine.


...before walking back into suburbia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!