Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Not a happy birthday today.

It has been a very quiet Easter and birthday for me. Ken caught a cold last week which developed into bronchitis as usual (for him), so he has been in bed since Good Friday. He got up and dressed on Saturday afternoon, to buy Easter eggs and cards, and my birthday gift, and I do wish he'd stayed home instead, because by Sunday he was a mess and I had to call our doctor in (at a cost of $110...) The doc. prescribed antibiotics and Ventolin to help with Ken's breathing, and told him not to go to work for a week.

Monday was such a beautiful day, and even though neither of us felt 100%, we decided we'd had enough of being housebound, so I packed a picnic lunch and we drove up to Yea and spent the afternoon in a reserve up there, enjoying the sunshine. Again, I guess we should have stayed home, because on Tuesday, Ken was no better, and I was decidedly second-hand! Today was the same, so I scotched my plans for lunch with friends and dinner with another couple who are celebrating their 20th anniversary, and we both spent much of the day lying around drinking water and cups of tea. Ken had given me a Breville Sandwich Press for my birthday (our 30 year-old snack'n'sandwich maker finally died last year), so I christened it by making a snack for our lunch, using bacon, eggs, tomato and cheese in English muffins. Tonight's tea will be baked beans on toast. Neither of us have much of an appetite, so there will be no birthday cake either! Ah well, I guess turning 61 is no real cause for celebration, is it?

4 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ I mentioned yor birthday on my blog. I am so sorry it hasn't been a happy day for you.
I do hope both Ken and you are well
on the way to feeling better again.
I am so sorry your MIL had a fall, and glad that she seems happy in the care home facility. She may be better there where there is somone around her ALL the time. Do get well soon my friend, Thanks for your comments wishing me a speedy recovery.
Finally I have a tablet that eases the pain. Take care, Love, Merle.

Wednesday, 15 April, 2009  
Blogger Sharon said...

Oh G!!!!! I read this last after posting your birthday messages - you poor thing - both of you!!!!!

Much love.. xxxxx

Wednesday, 15 April, 2009  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Hi Gina!!!! You were so gracious to stop by and thank me for the birthday wish I left on Merle's comments that I just HAD to stop by and wish it to you 'in person'!!!

Hope all will be well with you and your loved ones soon.

Thanks for stopping by....and do come again anytime. I love company.

Thursday, 16 April, 2009  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Dear Gina. Just popped in to say hi . and so sorry you didm
nt have a happy birthday , and sorry to read Ken and yourself are not feeling very well.I wish you both a very speedy recovery. stay inside keep warm get plenty of rest...Love Jen

Thursday, 16 April, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!