Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

What have I done?

And why have I done it? I must have gone temporarily insane today.
I'm having a fit of the blues. I miss my work, and I miss my little wage. I was only working 8 hours a fortnight, but that brought in my 'pin money', which I now don't have. So why did I have the urge to splurge on my credit card today? About $160 on linens at the Eltham Antique Market, and another $70 on Paypal, for some cross stitch patterns I found tonight on a website. Oh I admit that under any circumstances I would have wanted the linens for my collection; they are absolutely gorgeous. I haven't seen anything as nice for ages, and I haven't even look at eBay for months, so as not to be tempted. The cross stitch patterns are designs that I've seen on other people's blogs, and have been looking for them myself, so again, I would have bought them eventually. But I should not be spending that kind of money at the moment.

Another reason I'm 'down' is probably because I've been reading the book "Black Saturday", and it is harrowing stuff. I've got quite depressed over it. Feel like I'm re-living those awful weeks in February all over again. What must it be like for those who lived through it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!