Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oh what a feeling!

I have just done something that I haven't done for years (get your mind above your belt, please). I washed my car! I bought this little sign from the Red Cross mail order catalogue, for a specific purpose.

To hang outside while we are using the garden hose when it is hooked up to our rainwater tank. Just in case people passing by are tempted to call the water police and dobb us in for washing the car, when it has been illegal for years to do so, using mains water. I have no problem with that; with our reservoirs down to under 30%, there is no way I would consider using mains water for anything other than drinking, cooking and domestic washing.
But seeing our rainwater tank is now full to Pussy's Bow, I decided to use some by watering the garden first, then cleaning my poor little car. Ah...that's better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Goodness me, we can wash our cars with hoses any time we like. This could have some connection with our weather which, today, nearly summer, has been lashing rain and really quite cold. You win some, you lose some.

I think my student, by the way, was trying to say that the pigs (in the political fable "Animal Farm") were educated and spoke with fluency. But it's a bit hard to tell!

Saturday, 16 May, 2009  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Gday Gina, I have a water tank but wont use it on the garden or little own wash the car , We can use pressure cleaners to wash cars. which I have had one for many yearsAnd we get 4hrs every second day to water .2hrs in am and pm.

Sunday, 17 May, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!