Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, May 01, 2009

Warning: Don't read this while you are eating!

Ken sat down for tea last night and looked glumly at his plate. He does this a lot. As The Only Person Who Cooks in our household, I get a sinking feeling in my own stomach, wondering what I've done this time. But last night it wasn't my cooking, for a change. As a courier for a pathology service, he collects all kinds of stuff from the usual blood, urine, semen and other bodily fluids, to the occasional body part, or even animals (whole or bits).
Last night he said "I'm not real hungry tonight. I had to take a leg to one of the laboratories today. I didn't know what the parcel was, and I picked it up by one end, and realised immediately I was holding some toes". Ugh...all in a day's work.

I'm hoping I don't have a nightmare tonight (or rather, this morning, as it is getting late). But it is nothing to do with Ken's leg (I mean the other leg, not his own leg). I borrowed a book from a friend yesterday and started to read it after tea. It was one of those books that you can't put down because it gets you in. "Whispers In The Sand" by Barbara Erskine is about a woman who goes to Egypt for a holiday and ends up being 'possessed' by an ancient evil Egyptian spirit! That is a very short description of a very long and spooky story - great read!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!