Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Our postcards make the news!

Our weekly suburban magazine "Heidelberg & Diamond Valley Weekly", has published an article and photo about my visit to Strathewen Primary School with the English students' postcards! I can't find a link to the page, so I'm going to reproduce it here at the risk of being sued...if you click on the image it will bring it up more clearly and you will be able to read the text. Alana got a few facts wrong unfortunately, but overall it is a nice write up, and Lorna tells me her students are tickled pink to see it.

She showed them the post on my blog here with the photos of the school and their pets, and she tells me that her students now want a class pet of their own! They wanted a class puppy, but Lorna had to say no because it would be too much of a distraction. She is thinking about goldfish. When I told Ken all this he said "What have you started?!" and then made suggestions for class pets - budgies, hedgehogs, guinea pigs. Lorna said there aren't many hedgehogs left now - and anyway, they smell vile - LOL! But what a shame to hear they are scarce. I always imagined hedgehogs would be common in England, like possums over here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

How wonderful!!Thanks for sharing the photo.Love hearing your news.

Thursday, 04 June, 2009  
Blogger FredaB said...

Pretty soon you will be known as the postcard lady instead of the linen lady.
Maybe cheaper that way. I too enjoy old linens but buy the ones know one else wants as I usually am cutting them up for use in my crazy quilts. I don't normally tell them I am buying them as cutters - some people get upset but I think of it as giving it a new life.

Hugs

FredaB

Thursday, 04 June, 2009  
Blogger Faye said...

I just love your story about the children and the postcards! I teach second graders so you have given me a GREAT idea for next school year! I enjoyed the story and the photos of your native land...so beatutiful! Good Day!

Thursday, 04 June, 2009  
Blogger Joy V said...

Gina - love the story and the kids look so happy with their cards.

Thursday, 04 June, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!